My name is Alex and I'm a TGA student looking for an internship
I dabble in engine and tools
Made using own engine - Team size: 17 - 14 Weeks 50% + 1 week 100%
Spite - Blood sun
Made using own engine - Team size: 17 - 14 Weeks 50%
Made using inhouse engine (TGA2D) - Team size: 12 - 6 Weeks 50%
Fifth game made at TGA and this time it was a 2D adventure game.
I enjoyed working with the level loading in the previous project and since we used the same software for creating levels (Tiled). I took this as an opportunity to iterate and improve the system in order to give our designers some more freedom. Adding height levels and lighting to them was the most notable addition in-game.
Additionally, I contributed with a statestack, an inputmapper, the menus, and object pools.
Made using inhouse engine (TGA2D) - Team size: 13 - 8 Weeks 50%
A 2D platformer.
I worked mostly on the level export/import pipeline. We used Tiled as our level editor which output it's data to JSON. Last project I started on a JSON serializer which made it very easy to reconstruct the full data structure in-game. Once that was done I moved on to gameplay features: bouncy mushroom, enemies and the player. I also added all the sounds.
Made using inhouse engine (TGA2D) - Team size: 14 - 8 Weeks 50%
As the third project at TGA we were tasked with making a shoot 'em up.
Spent some time on a JSON serializer and I'm very glad I did as it has been used a lot in all upcoming projects since. Other than that I mostly worked on gameplay features such as bullets, shield and highscores.
Made using Unity - Team size: 13 - 6 Weeks 50%
A runner type game with a cosy atmosphere.
My work mostly revolved around the water which was a mesh generated along a spline. This was before I know what shaders were so the waves were simulated on the CPU with the help of perlin noise.